BREAKING NEWS

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Postal HIV Testing Kits

The previous oral test
Pink News carries an intriguing piece this evening.  They report that the Terrence Higgins Trust and the Health Protection Agency are co-launching a pilot project that will allow gay and bisexual men to access HIV home sampling kits by post.

Read the full story here.

It follows other trials via the post - and I think this is a very welcome move.  However, my puzzlement comes as I don't see how it is compatible with the HIV Testing Kits and Services Regulations 1992.  You can read those regulations here.  I've long thought that the regulations need revising to allow home testing - and I'm sure that the HPA and THT are aware of the regs.   I must be missing something, but how have they therefore got around the regulations now?

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates