BREAKING NEWS

Thursday 15 March 2012

London Calling

Word reaches London of my planned visit...
I've had quite a few people talking about the need to come up to London.  Normally I dive down for meetings and have to dart back.  However, rather happily a variety of events have come together to give me an excuse for splashing out on a little expedition to England's Capital.

This exciting jamboree will be in May.  I'm going to be at a Law and Sexuality tweet-up on Wednesday 16 May (details, and info on indicating you'd like to go here) which is being organised by the excellent @ObscenityLawyer.  Anyone on twitter (or indeed thinking about it) interested in law and sexuality should come along for a few drinkies.

It's yet to be firmed up, but it looks like I'll be at a book launch on Thursday evening for an edited collection that I have a chapter on public sex in.  Details to follow once it's firmed up as I'm sure a small crowd will be welcomed.  I'm then off to the UCU LGB conference on the Friday to present a paper on (hetero)normativity and future directions for legal reform in England and Wales (some of you might be there!).

If anyone would like to get together during the day on Thursday or the Wednesday afternoon, let me know.  A day and a half of lunching, boozing and intellectual/debauched conversation would be ideal.  Otherwise, I shall have to be a tourist and float around galleries for a couple of days.  Give me a shout on Twitter if you'd like to meet up or drop me an emails at: chris.ashford@sunderland.ac.uk  

Share this:

 
Copyright © 2014 Law and Sexuality. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates